Subhendu Kr. Boral
DR. SUBHENDU KUMAR BORAL, MBBS, M.D (AllMS,New Delhi)-in 2000, D.N.B (NewDelhi) - in 2001. Fellow Vitreoretina(2002). Joined in Disha Eye Hospitals Pvt Ltd in 2002. Member, American Society of Retina Specialists. Presently a Vitreo-retinal consultant and trainer in vitreoretinal surgeries in Disha Eye Hospitals Pvt Ltd (Since 2002). His special area of interest in all shorts of complicated vitreo-retinal surgeries including diabetic retinal disorders, retinal detachments, macular & sub macular surgeries.
Interest / Specialization:
Education / Training:
D.N.B. Ophthalmology, New Delhi- 2001
M.D. Ophthalmology, AIIMS, New Delhi- 2000
MBBS, R. G. Kar Medical College, Calcutta University- 1994
1) Best Free Paper (K.P.Roy Award) in state conference(2008), India
2) Best Paper (B.K.Mitra Award ) in the state conference(2010), India
3) C.S Reshmi award for Best video in All India Ophthalmic Conference 2010,
4) Best video award in Delhi Ophthalmic Society 2011, India
5) Best paper in Retina vitreous session in annual national conference 2012, India
6) Best video award in Kolkata Academy of Ophthalmology 2013, India
7) Best video award in Vitreo Retina Society of India (VRSI) in 2015
8) Best video award in State platinum jubilee conference, 2018.
International awards :
1)Best Video Award in EURETINA 2009 , Nice, France,
2)Best Video Award in EURETINA 2010, Paris, France
3)“Honor Award” from American Society of Retina Specialists ,2015
4)Senior Honor Award from American Society of Retina Specialists in 2017
5) Rhett Buckler Award for Best Video Film Festival, ASRS, Boston. 2017
6) Best (First prize) Video Award in EURETINA 2017 , Barcelona, Spain.
Participation in state & national conferences :
1)Presented paper multiple times in a state & national conferences
2)Presented Instructional Courses multiple times in state
and national conferences as Chief instructor
3)Invited guest speaker in various state and national conferences
4) Performed live retinal surgery in multiple podiums.
Participation in International conferences:
Presented papers several times in annual conferences organized by European Society of
Retina Specialists (EURETINA) and American Academy of Ophthalmology.
Chaired as Moderator in European Society of Retina Specialists (EURETINA).
Presented instructional course as Chief Instructor in American Society of Retina Specialist
(ASRS) on Diabetic Vitreous Surgeries.
Presented oral free paper presentation for multiple times in ASRS.
Presentation in surgical pannel discussion in “Dislocated IOLs Managements” and
“Macular hole symposium” in American Society of Retina Specialist (ASRS).
Invited speaker in Asia Pacific Academy of Ophthalmology, Taiwan and Asia Pacific Vitreo
Retinal Surgery, Kualalumpur.
Represented Vitreo Retina Society of India as an “Invited speaker” on the “World Retina
Day” in EURETINA, Barcelona and Paris.
1) Published a surgical video atlas “Jaypee’s video atlas on Minimally Invasive Vitreo
retinal Surgeries - Basic & Beyond” ( CHIEF AUTHOR )
Study of risk factors in graft infection- in British Journal of Ophthalmogy 2001.
“Oh! I find the way.I can create retinal detachment”….Gnathostomata spinigerum-
Published in Video Journal of Vitreo Retina (VJVR), a peer reviewed video journal.
“Retina & Vitreous surgery - A practical guide to theory, practice and management”
- Published a text book with video atlas on surgical vitreoretina (Editor-in -Chief with Dr
Suber S Huang as guest co-author)
Boral S.K., Das A, Sinha T.K, Chakraborty D. New Innovative Approaches for Difficult
Retained Intraocular Foreign Bodies. Ophthalmologica. 2018;240:179–180
Boral S.K., Das A, Sinha T.K. A Novel Standardised Reproducible Method to Calculate
the Area of Internal Limiting Membrane Peeled intra-operatively in Macular Hole Surgery
by Using a Video Overlay - A Long-term study in cases of Idiopathic Macular Holes.
Indian J Ophthalmol. 2020 Jan; 68(1) : 157-161.
Long term clinical outcomes of sub macular blood removal with isolated autologous RPE-
Choroid patch graft transplantation in long standing large sized sub macular hematomas -
an Indian experience.. Indian J Ophthalmology 2020
A simple modified way of glueless sutureless scleral fixation of IOL - a retrospective case
series - American Journal of Ophthalmology 2020.
And many more as a co-author…