Dr.DebarpitaChaudhury joined Disha Eye Hospital, Barrackpore in 2014 as a Consultant in Cataract and Paediatric and Strabismus Services.She is a specialist Paediatric consultant and surgeon having extensive clinical and surgical expertise in the field for more than 9 years.She has attended Calcutta Medical College, University of Calcutta as an undergraduate and received her MBBS.Subsequently, she did his Diploma in Ophthalmology(D.O) from R.I.O Kolkata and then her post graduation (Diplomate of National Board) degree in ophthalmology from the reputed Aravind Eye Hospital located in Tamil Nadu.Following that she did extensive training and Long Term Fellowship in Paediatric and Strabismus under Dr.Meenakshi R at Aravind Eye Hospital.After completion of her fellowship she then joined the Paediatric and Strabismus Department at Aravind Eye Hospital as a Medical Officer and gained valuable experience as a consultant ,surgeon and teacher.
Interest / Specialization:
Cataract (Adults : Phacoemulsification Surgery and SICS),Paediatric cataract surgery , Pterygium surgery, Squint , Paediatric ophthalmology , Oculoplasty and Neuro-ophthalmology.
Education / Training:
Fellowship in Paediatric and Strabismus, Aravind Eye Hospital- 2013
D.N.B., Aravind Eye Hospital- 2012
D. O., R. I. O., Medical College- 2009
MBBS, Medical College, Kolkata- 2005
1. Silver Medalist, Forensic Medicine- 2003
2. Has co-authored chapters for 2 text books in Ophthalmology.
3. Has been Co-investigator in National and International Trials.
4. Has publications in State and National peer reviewed journals.
5. Presentations in state, national and International conferences like TNOA , AIOC , ASIA –ARVO.
6. Won the SMT.SOVABATI DAS GHOSH BEST VIDEO AWARD AT THE OSWB Conference for the video titled “ Paediatric Cataract Surgery – In Search of the perfect posterior capsulorhexis”.
7. Case report: An unusual case of a Vitreous Cyst. Dr.DebarpitaChaudhury D.O, D.N.B, Dr. R. Ramkrishanan, D.O., MS, Dr.Meenakshi R, D.O, D.N.B, Dr.ArijitMitra D.O, D.N.B. Published in the Journal of the Tamil Nadu Ophthalmic Association. 2014;4:41-44.
8. Case report : Amniotic band syndrome : Dr.DebarpitaChaudhury D.O , D.N.B ,Dr.ArijitMitra D.O, D.N.B .Published in the Delhi Ophthalmological Society (DOS) Times Journal, 2015;21 ( 2) : 31-33.
9. Case Report: LipaemiaRetinalis. Dr.DebarpitaChaudhury, D.O., D.N.B, Dr. R. Meenakshi, D.O., D.N.B., Dr. R. Ramakrishnan D.O, M.S , Dr.ArijitMitra D.O, D.N.B,Dr. S. Raju, D.C.H., M.D. Published in the Delhi Journal of Ophthalmology, 2015;26(2):107-110.
10. Case report :Agarwal V, Mitra A, Choudhury S, Sar S, Chaudhury D. Spontaneous unilateral hyphema from a strand of persistent pupillary membrane. Indian J Ophthalmol 2020;68:1158-9.
11. Case report :Mitra A, Das A, Choudhury S, Sar S, Chaudhury D. Int J Ophthalmol. 2021 Apr 18;14(4):630-632. doi: 10.18240/ijo.2021.04.23. eCollection 2021.
12. Case report : Mitra A, ChaudhuryD,Choudhury S, Sar S, Ghosh S. Multiple phakomatoses and primary open-angle glaucoma in one individual.Asian J Ophthalmol;2020; 17(3):290-301
13. Letter to the editor : Mitra A , Mohanta A , ChaudhuryD.Specifying the Role of Masks in Reducing Viral Material on Environmental Surfaces of an Ophthalmology Examination Room.JAMA Ophthalmol.2021;139(3):365-366