Interest / Specialization:
Listening to music, swimming
Education / Training:
MBBS(Cal): NRS Medical College 1999
MS Ophthalmology (Cal): Regional Institute of Ophthalmology 2005
Fellowship in Pediatric Ophthalmology from LV Prasad Eye Institute Hyderabad from 1.1.2009 to 31.3.2010
• Caterpillar hair-everywhere in an eye (AIOS 2009 Poster presentation 0970) Debajit Ray, Jayanta Bhattacharya, Asim kumar Sil
• Scenario of Retinopathy of prematurity in rural area of west bengal (AIOS 2010 Paper
presentation729) Indranil Deb, Prabir Bhowmik, Debajit Ray
• Superior oblique palsy:epidemiology & surgical outcome(AIOS 2010 Paper presentation 936)Debajit Ray, Amit Gupta, R Kekunnaya, Venkateshwar Rao B.
• Comparing Postoperative Astigmatism After Cataract Surgery With Different Incisions in the
Pediatric Age Group (Poster presentation at the 2010 Joint Meeting of the American Academy of Ophthalmology and the Middle East Africa Council of Ophthalmology) Muralidhar Ramappa, Amit Gupta; Debajit Ray; Ramesha Kekunnaya; Virender S Sangwan
• Challenges of capsulotomy in pediatric cataract (AIOS 2012 Video presentation VT 193) Debajit Ray, Subhra Sil, Chandni Chakraborty, Asim kumar Sil
• Late cataract surgery is rewarding (AIOS 2012 Poster presentation) Subhra Sil, Debajit Ray,
Chandni Chakraborty, Asim kumar Sil
• Managing Neglected Catarct (in children) (Submitted course WOC 2014 Tokyo)
• Letter to editor: Port-wine vascular malformations and glaucoma risk in Sturge-Weber syndrome.
Debajit Ray, Anil K. Mandal, G. Chandrasekhar, Milind Naik, Niteen Dhepe, J AAPOS 2010;14:105.
• Duane Retraction Syndrome: Series of 441 Cases. Ramesh Kekunnaya, Amit Gupta, Virender
Sachdeva, Sannapaneni Krishnaiah, B. Venkateshwar Rao, Urvish Vashist, Debajit Ray. J Pediatr
Ophthalmol Strabismus 2012; 49:164-169.
• Comparing the astigmatic outcome after paediatric cataract surgery with different incisions.
Amit Gupta, Muralidhar Ramappa, Ramesh Kekunnaya, Pravin K Vaddavalli, Debajit Ray, Sunita Chaurasia,
Harsha L Rao, Chandra Sekar Garudadri. Br J Ophthalmol 2012; 96:386-389.
• Superior Oblique Palsy: Epidemiology and Clinical Spectrum from a Tertiary Eye Care Center in
South India. Debajit Ray, Amit Gupta, Virender Sachdeva, Ramesh Kekunnaya. Asia-Pac J Ophthalmol 2013;00: 00Y00).