Whether you want to cosplay on Halloween or wish to get the same colour of eyes like that of your favourite celebrity’s, coloured contact lenses could fetch you the best scores. It’s possible to achieve a subtle or bold hue as shown in makeup videos, with a little help from these lenses. They are available in different colours namely blue, green, hazel, brown, violet, opaque, grey, etc. If you are insistent on buying a pair of coloured contact lenses for yourself, then you need to be mindful about the following:
- Never share your contact lenses: Sharing is caring but not when it comes to your contact lenses. It is never a good idea to share your contact lenses with anyone, be it your nearest relative or your best friend! Sharing contact lenses can increase the chance of transmitting harmful bacteria that might be a serious threat to your eyes, causing infections
- Use only lens care product: Just like other contact lenses, your coloured contact lenses should be disinfected, cleaned and stored properly as instructed, either by the manufacturer or the eye doctor. Use appropriate lens care products, like lens cleaning solutions, to maintain hygiene and avoid any kind of contamination.
- Never wear contact lenses when you have eye problem: If you have recently developed an eye problem like red eyes, stye, conjunctivitis or any other form of eye infection, then it is advisable to avoid wearing lenses as it might increase the discomfort.
- Don’t use expired lenses: Coloured contact lenses come with an expiration date and it is recommended that you do not use them beyond that period. The solution containing the lenses could spoil, and in turn cause discomfort to your eyes.
- Consult your doctor: Do not invest in lenses made of cheap quality. Before you buy coloured lenses, it is important for you to consult a doctor regarding the kind of lenses that will suit your eyes. There are a bunch of options to choose from, each varying in colour and design, and one must always purchase them against a prescription.
Schedule an appointment with some of the best eye doctors in Kolkata
Disha Eye Hospitals, one of the leading eye hospitals in West Bengal, provides the best solutions for cataract, glaucoma, corneal diseases, uveitis and paediatric squint at affordable rates. Besides Lasik and refractive surgery, the hospital is also equipped in treating diabetic retinopathy. If you or any of your family members have been coping with diabetic retinopathy, then you can easily book an appointment at Disha. To know more about our services, visit http://www.dishaeye.org/.