Your friend got a LASIK eye surgery done last month and she looks fabulous without her eyeglasses. Now, you are thinking of getting a LASIK eye surgery done for yourself to reduce the need of wearing eyeglasses or contact lenses. But you don’t know whether you are a good candidate for it. The best way to know if you a good candidate for a LASIK is to take an appointment with an eye specialist.
For a LASIK surgery consult best eye specialists in top eye hospital in Kolkata
If you are in Kolkata and planning to get a LASIK surgery done, then look nowhere but at Disha Eye Hospital, one of the top eye hospitals in Kolkata. Besides LASIK, we offer a range of ophthalmic services like refractive surgeries and cataract surgery. To check our eye treatments that are available at affordable prices, visit http://www.dishaeye.org/.
A LASIK (Laser Intra-stromal Kerato mileusis) surgery is a common eye procedure that helps correct nearsightedness, farsightedness, and/or astigmatism. It is an outpatient surgical procedure where the laser is used to make a small flap in the cornea and removes some of the tissue exposed by the flap. The operation takes around 10 to 15 minutes on one eye. Here’s some more information that can help you understand LASIK eye surgery and what it entails. However, only an eye specialist after a comprehensive analysis of your vision can tell you if LASIK eye surgery is right for you:
1. Are you above 18? You must be above 18 to qualify for the procedure. A person’s vision can change anytime during their lifetime and during adolescence, it changes dramatically. As the LASIK surgery is permanent, it is not recommended for anyone who is not an adult. Even those in their mid-20s are often encouraged to wait until their prescription may be more stable. In your early 20s, your prescription may change.
2. Does your eyeglass prescription qualify for a LASIK? After a thorough eye examination, an eye specialist will determine if your eyeglass prescription requires a LASIK. An experienced optometrist or ophthalmologist can evaluate your vision, your lifestyle needs and then tell you whether you are a good candidate for LASIK or not.
3. Do you have healthy corneas? A LASIK surgery involves the creation of a LASIK flap. To support this LASIK flap, you must have thick cornea. If your corneas are not thick enough, you are likely to experience some complications.
4. Do you have a stable vision? Your refractive errors need to be stable for at least a year before undergoing LASIK or other refractive surgery. Your eye specialist can tell you whether your prescription is stable or not.
5. Do you have cataracts? A LASIK surgery is generally not recommended for those who have cataracts.
6. Are you pregnant? It is not recommended for you to get LASIK done just before or after pregnancy. You may have to wait sometime. Women go through a lot of hormonal changes during and after pregnancy that can cause changes to a woman’s vision corrective prescription during pregnancy. A LASIK surgery during pregnancy can make the operations outcomes less predictable. Several prescription and non-prescription medications are given for a LASIK surgery and they may pose threat to the foetus.
7. Do you have any serious medical condition?
If you have no eye problems like active corneal disease, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration, or glaucoma, you can be considered for a LASIK surgery.
8. Do you have realistic expectations? A lot of people think that getting a LASIK eye surgery means never ever having to wear your eyeglasses. The idea of a LASIK surgery is to reduce your dependency on eyeglasses and contact lenses. But it cannot completely eliminate the need of eyeglasses. Many people don’t eyeglasses even years after the surgery but some do. The need for wearing eyeglasses totally depends on the health of your vision.
Choose Disha Eye Hospital for LASIK eye surgery at affordable cost
Our LASIK surgery department is the most researched one. We have the best technology, the Wavelight Allegretto AG (German) technology. The state-of-the-art technology screens out risk cases. Now, to book an appointment at Disha Eye Hospitals through WhatsApp, send an SMS or WhatsApp text on 9433311111.