If you think that eye examinations, annual visits to the eye specialists are meant only for those with vision issues then you are wrong. Eye examinations are a way to find out if there’s something wrong with your vision or not.
Your eyes are the window to diagnosing your health. With a thorough eye check-up, the eye doctor can detect other health issues such as diabetes.
If it’s the first time that you are visiting the eye specialist, then it’s better to prepare beforehand. Here is how you may do that:
Before your visit
The eye doctor will ask you several questions related to your eyes. He/she might ask you whether you experience any specific symptoms or not. Therefore, it’s important to note down a few things before your visit:
- Have you ever noticed any eye issues such as poor night vision, blurry vision, or double vision?
- Do you have difficulty in judging distances? Or do you have a problem in distinguishing between colours?
- Does vision problem make it difficult for you to perform certain activities?
- Are you taking right care of your glasses or contacts? Do you take out your contacts each night and clean them properly?
- Do you have any other health issues or have experienced injuries and undergone operations lately that the doctor should know?
- Does your family have a history of eye issues?
What should you take along?
When visiting the eye doctor, do not forget to bring the following things with you:
- Your contact lenses, eyeglasses, and sunglasses
- Carry the list of your current medications (if any). This should include not just prescription medicine but also supplements. Your eye doctor needs to look at the list and determine if your medicines are affecting your vision.
- In case your visit includes comprehensive eye check-up where your pupils will be dilated (like most annual eye checkups do), always bring along a friend or family member with you. You cannot see well with a dilated pupil and need to wear a sunglass for some time. They usually normalize after a few hours.
- Carry a list of the questions that you want to ask your doctor. This is for ensuring that you don’t forget them.
What to ask the eye specialist:
There are several things that you need to ask the eye specialist:
- Ask him/her whether anything has changed in your eyes since your last visit
- What options do you have for improving your vision? Do you have to undergo any surgery?
- Do you need a laser vision correction for improving your eyesight?
- For how long you can wear contacts every day?
- Are there any particular precautions that you need to follow to take proper care of your eyes and overall health?
- How can you protect your vision?
- Is there anything else you need to do to take better care of your eyes?
We hope that these pointers will help you prepare for your next visit.
Consult a certified Retina Specialist in Kolkata for thorough check-up
It’s important to determine the health of your retina for taking proper care of your eyes. When it comes to providing quality eye care, we are committed to offering the best services, helping you enjoy a better and improved vision.
We have our team of experts who are solely dedicated to taking care of a wide range of eye issues. For any further details and for booking appointment, visit http://www.dishaeye.org/appointment