Laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis (LASIK) is one of the most common types of refractive surgeries performed. It is quite effective in treating nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism and thereby reducing dependence on eyeglasses and contact lenses. During LASIK eye surgery, a cutting laser is used to change the shape of the cornea to improve vision. If you are meeting a LASIK eye surgeon for the initial consultation and wondering what to ask. Here are some questions you must ask to make your LASIK eye surgeon to the most out of your appointment:
Questions related to LASIK surgery:
- What is LASIK surgery?
- How long does it take to complete the LASIK surgery?
- Will I be given anaesthesia during the surgery?
- What kind of laser will be used during the surgery?
- Will it be a painful surgery?
- What is the successful rate for LASIK eye surgery?
- How much pressure will I experience during the LASIK surgery?
- How much does LASIK cost?
Questions related to pre-surgery arrangements:
- How can I prepare myself for the day of LASIK surgery?
- How much time does the pre-arrangement for the surgery take?
- Should I fast on the day of surgery?
- Should I bring someone with me or can I come alone?
- Are there any medicines or eye drops that I need to take before the surgery starts?
- What are the pre-tests that I need to go through before the LASIK?
- What eye exam should I go through to know whether I am eligible for LASIK eye surgery or not?
Questions about after surgery?
- What precautions should I take post-surgery?
- Are there any side effects of LASIK surgery? If yes, how can I tackle them?
- How long does the complete recovery take?
- How many days should I avoid digital devices?
- What medicines should I take post-surgery?
- Will my eyes be completely back to normal after the surgery?
- Do I need to visit the clinic for follow-ups?
Questions related to lifestyle changes:
- What kind of diet should I follow to keep my eye healthy after the surgery?
- Will there be some massive lifestyle changes after the surgery is done?
- What eye exercises can I include to keep them healthy?
- How much rest does my eye require after the surgery?
- What are the ways to provide rest to the eyes?
Looking for an eye hospital that offers the best LASIK surgery in Kolkata?
You will find some of the best LASIK eye surgeons at Disha Eye Hospitals. We offer the best possible standard of ophthalmic care at an affordable cost. We have the Wavelight Allegretto AG technology for LASIK surgery. The use of this state-of-the-art German technology helps in screening out risk cases. Besides LASIK, we offer a range of refractive surgeries to treat nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism. We also provide treatment for glaucoma , cataract , diabetic retinopathy , and paediatric squint . We have advanced labs and state-of-art machinery for different eye surgeries. We are a one-stop solution for all your eye-related issues. Visit the nearest branch to consult our LASIK eye surgeon and other eye specialists.