Are you suffering from severe or sudden eye pain? Are you having a blurred or hazy vision? If yes, then you may ignore these signs as they may indicate that you have vision problems. Many people often live with poor vision without realising that they would benefit from vision correction. By putting off a visit to the doctor, you are putting your vision at risk. As soon as you notice any change in your vision or your eyes are paining, it’s time to see an eye doctor. Just like an annual physical examination, it’s equally important to have regular eye examinations. If you are suffering from diabetes, high blood pressure and have a family history of eye diseases, then you should get your eyes checked twice in a year.
Book an appointment online with the best eye doctors in Kolkata to keep your eyes healthy
If you are suffering from dizziness and headaches, don’t ignore them. Consult the best eye doctors in Kolkata at Disha Eye Hospitals, to know if the symptoms you are experiencing are not signs of underlying eye diseases. It is advisable to get your eyes checked at least once a year. To book an appointment online with the best eye doctors in Kolkata, visit http://www.dishaeye.org/contact-us. You can also book an appointment through WhatsApp (9433311111).
Here are a few common signs of vision problems that you must watch out for:
- Blurred vision: If you are you finding it difficult to get a clear view, then you must visit an eye doctor. The blurred vision can be a sign of nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism. Prescription glasses can help you see better. However, sudden blurriness is a cause of concern. It can be a sign of underlying eye conditions like diabetic retinopathy and glaucoma that show symptoms only after the diseases have advanced.
- Pain in the eye: Often people experience pain in the eye. In some cases, it can be harmless as it can be due to tiredness. In some cases, it’s an indication of problems like corneal abrasion, conjunctivitis, and dry eyes. All these can be cured with the right treatment. However, eye pain caused due to glaucoma and optic neuritis should not be ignored.
- Difficulty seeing at night: If you are not comfortable driving at night or you need extra light to read at night, let your doctor know about this. Difficulty seeing at night can be caused by a variety of reasons. From sun exposure to cataracts, a wide range of issues can make it hard to see at night.
- Frequent headaches: Frequent headaches: A headache can sometimes be a sign that your vision is changing. Eye strain, farsightedness and Presbyopia can cause severe headache or frequent headaches. Therefore, recurring headaches should always be taken seriously.
- Double vision: Double vision can happen for many reasons. While drinking too much alcohol can also cause short-term double vision, double vision that keeps coming back is of grave concern. Cataract, corneal irregularities and eye conditions can cause double vision.
- Eye fatigue: Spending too much time on a computer, smartphone, or game console can cause eye fatigue, also called digital eye strain. This quite common among adults and children who spend a lot of time either working on a computer and other digital devices.
- Seeing halos and glare: If you are seeing halos and glares, then you must see a doctor at the earliest. Halos and glares indicate that vision problems are preventing light from correctly on the retina.
- Floaters and specks: It’s common to see floaters and specks when you are exposed to too much sunlight and you suddenly enter a dark place. However, if you frequently see floaters and specks especially on blank surfaces like a white wall or the sky, then it may be a symptom of a vision problem.
If you fear that you have an eye problem, schedule an eye exam with us as soon as you can. At Disha Eye Hospitals, we have highly experienced ophthalmologists who can help you with the right treatment for different kinds of eye problems. Disha Eye Hospitals are the best for cataract surgery in Kolkata. To know more about us, visit http://www.dishaeye.org/.